Senior Staff Accountant Job Opening
Senior Staff Accountant
HomeCare.com• McLean, Virginia
HomeCare.com is the leading mobile and web platform designed to connect families with professional Caregivers to take care of their loved ones. Our service is growing rapidly with more than 300,000+ Caregivers in the Mid-Atlantic and is well positioned to meet the needs of retiring baby boomers.
HomeCare.com is looking for a highly engaged Senior Staff Accountant to join our growing team to perform variety of accounting and administrative duties. We are looking for an energetic, self-starting, organized, detail-oriented candidate with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. The Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for month end billings, and processing vendor payments. The Senior Staff Accountant will maintain closings, maintaining records of financial transactions, ensuring accuracy of customer account reconciliations, support budgeting process, compile KPI’s and conduct financial analysis activities. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Oversight of all accounting and financial functions including month-end close, support CFO with budget and forecasting, prepare monthly financial reporting package.
- Manage all accounting operations including billing and receivables, payroll review, vendor relationships; maintain account reconciliations and post journal entries; prepare variance analysis and ensure accounting activities are well supported and documented.
- Responsible for gross margin analysis of various service products.
- Support CFO with annual audit; coordinate state and federal income tax filings and regulatory filings.
- Oversee and direct payroll ensuring payroll and taxes are processed timely and accurately.
- Support CFO with oversight of sales commission and bonus plans.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Automate routine manual billings and collection tasks. Contact customers to collect on past due account balances.
- Process customer deposits and vendor payments, process Journal entries, and maintain Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Reconcile bank and cash balances and corporate credit card accounting.
- Work with other departments to resolve questions and problems by researching and interpreting data
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time.
- Proficiency with accounting software: 3 years (Required), QuickBooks preferred
- Minimum 3 years of Accounting experience
- BS degree in Accounting (Required)
- Strong proficiency in Excel (3 years minimum required)
- Must be a team-player, who can work in fast-paced work environment
- Detail oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task
- Competitive base salary
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance offered
- 401k benefits and PTO
This job is a full-time position. Please apply if you feel like you would be a good fit and our team will reach out to you ASAP.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 4 years (Required)
- Quickbooks: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- McLean, VA (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules