HR Generalist Job Opening
Quincy Compressor• Bay Minette, Alabama
Quincy Compressor makes and sells the highest quality reciprocating and rotary screw air compressors, vacuum pumps and a full line of air treatment components. Our products are used around the world in manufacturing plants, hospitals, climate control systems and any application that requires reliable air assistance. If you're as tough, dependable and reliable as the compressors we make, then you're the right fit for Quincy Compressor. We are currently seeking a HR Generalist to join our team! This position will be based out of Bay Minette, AL.
The HR Generalist performs Human Resources related duties at a professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, and affirmative action. This role also provides administrative support to human resources function as needed (e.g. correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry), as well as any other duties as assigned.
- Owner of Quincy HRIS and data maintenance ensuring accurate data in HRIS and payroll for all Quincy entities.
- Responsible for and coordinates all HR reporting, specifically monthly and quarterly People Management Reporting which consists of maintaining accurate employee data in all local HRIS, coordinates efforts with local Finance team. Troubleshoots reporting errors.
- Responsible for local training systems, as well as coordinating training and assists employees with assignments and follow- ups.
- Maintains current company data and information on all recruitment and job posting sites.
- Assists in preparing analysis on key HR data and KPIs for monthly meetings.
- Assists in responding to all division data requests and assist on divisional projects/teams as assigned.
- Coordinates and manages Applicant Tracking System, ATS, and coordinates the internal and external recruitment and placement activities of the company, including university and college recruiting.
- Primary contact for Quincy employees on payroll issues and payroll submissions. Works directly with the payroll center on weekly and biweekly payroll.
- Works with HR Managers in processing payroll adjustments each week.
- Coordinates with HR Managers on performance management process including merits.
- Assists in maintaining affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Maintains job descriptions, ensuring they are current and accurate.
- Provides feedback on employee morale to Manager of Human Resources.
- Provides human resources department orientation on company policies and programs to employees.
- Ensures Sarbanes-Oxley compliance for Human Resources, by working with the Financial Analyst and Internal Auditors during Internal Audits as well as with External Auditors.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field preferred
- At least 3-5 years HR Generalist position; experience in Recruiting a plus
- PC proficiency and strong skills in MS Office; Proficient Experience in Microsoft Excel required
- Must be analytical and detail oriented and comfortable working with numbers and calculations
- Experience with managing ATS
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple priorities;
- Exceptional work ethic;
- Uses time productively, maximizes efficiency, and meets challenging work goals;
- Can be trusted to handle extremely confidential and sensitive information;
- Skilled at using databases, spreadsheet, and word-processing software to prepare statistical and written reports with varying degrees of complexity and detail for management;
- Must be extremely analytical
- Has excellent attendance and can work independently;
- Works productively with others in a team environment;
- Shows effective organizational skills.
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times.
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player.
Are we a good fit? At Quincy Compressor, we are looking to add people who are driven to succeed, passionate about their work and professional development and eager to take care of our customers. If you have these qualities, along with a positive outlook, you just might be the right fit for this position.
Quincy Compressor is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment related decisions because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Job promotions at Quincy Compressor will be based on such factors as quality of work, prior job performance, attendance, safety record, and ability to work well with others.
Accessibility Notice: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please call 251.937.5900. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Job Type: Full-time