Manager, Accounting Job Opening
Elbit Systems of America• Talladega, Alabama
$80,000.00 - $111,000.00 a year
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
The Accounting Manager will plan, direct and coordinate all accounting operational functions for the Talladega operations by managing the control and reconciliation processes for the general ledger and financial reporting. This includes being a key participant in the annual AOP planning (budget) and analysis process. The Accounting Manager will provide leadership to the Finance Team by establishing goals and objectives that support company goals & objectives for both ESA and Talladega.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Lead the Finance Team to ensure timely and accurate financial statements.
- Provide leadership to the Finance Team by establishing goals and objectives that support company goals and objectives.
- Preparation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for the accurate accounting of business results in accordance with GAAP and government regulatory agencies.
- Manage the control and reconciliation processes for the general ledger and financial reporting.
- Ensure that the processing of financial information and resultant reporting adheres to both regulatory requirements as well as current company practice and/or procedure.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all accounts payable operations and workflow to ensure adequate controls are in place.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all sales administration and invoicing activities and workflow to ensure adequate controls are in place.
- Supervision and oversight of the expense reporting function to ensure proper approval and accuracy of payment and charging to appropriate programs and/or departments.
- Site lead for Sarbanes Oxley processes, narratives, and audits.
- Support all audits by external financial auditing team, government agencies and internal parties.
- Calculate and file monthly Alabama Sales and Use Tax returns.
- Ensure that the processing of cost accounting and inventory control transactions result in reporting that adheres to both regulatory requirements, as well as, current company practice and/or procedure.
- Create and maintain the descriptive analysis of current cost accounting and inventory control practices.
- Provide audit interpretation and support services to independent financial auditors.
- Keep abreast of the required regulatory reporting and technical accounting issues and requirements that may affect the financial statement presentation, required disclosure or the defense industry.
- Continuous assessment of current accounting processes, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes as deemed necessary
- Evaluate, revise and manage the internal control systems and processes necessary to ensure accurate financial statements.
- Hiring, training and retaining competent accounting staff
- Adheres to internal ethics/procedures and external regulations and laws.
- Provide business units with necessary reports or inputs or data for monthly, quarterly and annual management reporting.
- Active participant in the annual AOP planning and analysis process.
- Other related duties as assigned by management.
- Work under the general supervision of the Site Vice President of Operations.
- Assign and allocate resources within the department required to support the business.
- Set functional performance standards and establish metrics.
- Approve manual changes of reported information involving significant financial impact.
- Approve instances of necessary deviations from standard departmental policies or procedures.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for program financial, budget and cost performance for programs.
- Masters Degree in Accounting Preferred, Bachelor's Degree required.
- 5-10 years' experience in Management and Accounting preferred
- Working knowledge of ASC606 and GAAP accounting.
- In-depth knowledge of Accounting Regulations applicable to functional area, including keeping current regarding all SOX requirements.
- Ability to design financial processes and metrics within appropriate functional areas.
- Overall mind set of continuous improvement.
- Ability to manage and develop a professional staff.
- Experience in presenting financial information to senior management.
- Skilled in using financial data systems and specific software applications as required.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills.