FP&A Lead Job Opening
Cargill• Wayzata, Minnesota
Category: Treasury Analyst
The Food segment consists of 7 product lines, generating nearly $2 billion of annual Revenue. The portfolio is diverse, ranging from fructose to dry corn ingredients to consumer branded sweeteners. The FP&A Analyst will be the de facto Finance Leader for the Food Business and serve as the key business partner to North America FP&A Leader. The FP&A Analyst is an active partner in the development of business strategy, helps set clear financial targets, effectively quantifies the “value creation” of the business and ensures effective deployment of capital. This individual will ensure necessary financial rigor and analytics are in place across the totality of the business. The individual will have a strong commercial mindset with clear views on the needs and direction of the business. Through deep commercial and financial insights, coupled by an ability to effectively communicate and negotiate, the individual will create disproportionate value by partnering and influencing the leadership of the business
Financial Planning and Analysis 65%
- Serves as the de facto Finance Leader for the Food Business Segment. Leverages strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills to set and drive the financial course for the business.
- Brings an “entrepreneurial” spirit to the business, with an ability to think laterally, identifying new metrics and analytics to discern and quantify the value created by the business.
- Drives the strategic planning process of the business. Demonstrates external awareness by understanding, translating and providing insight against competitor and industry trends – and how those impact the unit’s performance and strategy.
- Integrates and interprets disparate sources of data using a broad range of analytical data tools. Incorporates use of statistical methodology and predictive modelling techniques. Designs, develops and implements value-added business analytics.
- Demonstrates high degree of curiosity by investing time and energy into learning. Seeks different points of view and perspectives (internal and external)
- Drives the in-year performance management of the business, measured by profit improvement (wider margins), lower costs and improved working capital. Develops action plans to address key risks and opportunities.
- Demonstrates strong commercial acumen. Able to understand the business (products, customers, processes) and their key drivers of success (how they make money, what the business costs are)
- Drives and provides financial leadership to the unit’s Supply & Demand Planning (S&OP, IBP) process.
- Plays critical role in new product development and capital projects. Develops necessary financial projections, sensitivities and related returns. Healthily challenges the strategic fit and financial returns.
- Delivers clear presentations, including defending positions on controversial topics. Adapts style to continuously seek ‘win win’ solutions.
Business Partnership and Leveraging of Resources 35%
- Connects and develops strong relationships with areas such as Accounting & Finance, Tax, Treasury, Risk Management, Law and Operations.
- Partners closely with the cross-business/functional senior managers to play an active role in enhancing connectivity and communication.
- Able to drive the behavior, results or agenda needed for the business. Has a point of view and communicates it effectively; thus, influencing colleagues by supporting them, challenging them, providing unique perspective and delivering value
- Serves as a champion of competitive excellence areas and promotes a continuous improvement culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Finance or other Business related degree.
- Minimum 8+ years of (relevant experience
- Proven commercial experience with a track-record of delivering results
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop long-term strategic plans
- Excellent MS Excel skills and proficiency in MS PowerPoint
- Experience with Financial Modeling, Forecasting and P&L.
- Ability to travel (10-20%)
- MBA preferred
- Previous exposure to a commodities business
- Previous exposure to Mergers & Acquisitions
- Previous experience in non-finance functions (e.g., Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing, Strategy)
- Previous SAP experience
- Previous experience with Big Data & Statistical Modelling
- Previous experience with Crystal Ball, Monte Carlo Simulation, other financial modelling tools/skills
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job