General Manager - Bar & Restaurant Job Opening
General Manager - Bar & Restaurant
Lucy's Retired Surfers Bar & Restaurant• Foley, Alabama
Lucy's Retired Surfers Bar and Restaurant is looking for an outgoing general manager to add to the team! Lucy's is a fast-growing brand with lots of growth opportunities available! We are looking for great managers to lead our team!
Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Summary of Responsibilities
A manager continually develops employees through training, manages scheduling, handles hiring and handles restaurant finances. They are also responsible for supervising the front of house and back of house operations to ensure quality and service standards are met. Our managers will also manage local promoting and advertising the restaurant. This role will work closely with our corporate management team to drive growth and profitability for the brand with an emphasis on exemplary service.
- Management/supervision of all employees and restaurant to ensure quality.
- Required staff scheduling & posting of schedules.
- Ensures proper staffing levels are met for all shifts
- Ensures a safe working environment and file necessary accident reports.
- Fill the role of an absent employee if necessary.
- Assists in training of employees.
- Required to be on duty during peak work hours for guest servicing.
- Continually enforces existing standards, policies, & procedures while also assisting in creating new ones.
- Ensures restaurant cleanliness standards are being met accordingly.
- At all times, attitude & appearance are to reflect a positive and professional manner.
- Helps contribute to a positive, fun work environment.
- Answer inquiries about food and drinks.
- Serves as support to staff if needed.
- Must be able to effectively use the P.O.S. system
- Ensures guest satisfaction through interaction with guests.Observe guest experiences to respond to any additional needs.
- Provides full assistance to employees for change or credit card issues prior to payment.
- Follows all appropriate company accounting procedures at all times.
Restaurant Management experience is a must (2+ years preferred). We do everything from brunch to lunch to late night.
- Must be able to appropriately respond to angry guests and know how to defuse any situation.
- Must be able to handle all employee issues, requests, failures, incidences and insubordinations
- Able to communicate clearly
- Ability to maintain calm demeanor in a fast paced, high intensity environment.
- Proficient in the following areas: Communications, Mentoring, Planning, Leadership, and Quality of Operations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Restaurant Management: 2 years (Required)
- One location