Accountant Job Opening
Hotel Oahu• Wahiawa, Hawaii
$32,000.00 - $48,000.00 a year
The Accountant is responsible for applying accepted accounting principles and procedures to maintain the hotel’s cash funds, control and record the use of company charge accounts and analyze hotel operational processes to ensure compliance with appropriate accounting control procedures. Serves as the primary Accounting Department contact with the cashiers and front office Guest Service Agents.
- Deposits daily cash receipts to the bank.
- Maintains and controls combinations to the drop safe and main safe.
- Maintains house bank to include main safe, change fund safety deposit box and petty cash fund.
- Processes petty cash reimbursements.
- Processes change requests with the bank to ensure proper denominations of monies in the house bank. Provides change to Front Office and Food and Beverage cashiers.
- Assists in the reconciliation of general ledger.
- Assists in the resolution of accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Ensures compliance with relevant laws and regulations and the integrity of financial data.
- Assists in the monitoring and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Maintains hotel postage stamps.
- Continuously manages and supports budget and forecast activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in Accounting or Business required.
- Two (2) years of experience in Accounting/Finance preferred.
- Experience in hotel operations preferred.
- Must be able to obtain DOD base pass for access to the military installation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel required.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks required.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time