FINACIAL REPORTING ANALYST Job Opening
FINACIAL REPORTING ANALYST
Razor Consulting Solutions• Fargo, North Dakota
Razor Consulting Solutions is a people-first professional services and technology company; whose culture is driven by intelligent, motivated, and results-oriented professionals.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals responsible for the creation/maintenance of financial BI reports and tools and maintaining the accuracy of master financial data.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology and must have the ability to approach ambiguous complex business scenarios with creativity, resourcefulness, and professionalism. Must be comfortable communicating with all levels of leadership. This person must be able to maintain strong relationships and provide proactive communication.
Broadly, a Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for the following:
- Financial reporting projects as assigned by priority focusing on process improvement, automation and standardization
- Master financial data maintenance including creation, updating, closing and mapping of GL accounts, company codes, internal orders, cost centers and profit centers using tools including SQL, SAP and Excel among others
- Meetings with business partners as needed
- Assist Business Partners via email communication
- Meet quality metrics and deadlines
- Adhere to Client Accounting Policies, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX); participate in audits as appropriate
- Education – BA/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, Finance or related discipline
- Demonstrated reporting and business intelligence related work experience preferred but not required
- Capabilities within the following tools:
- Advanced MS Excel skills including pivots/modeling, formulas and knowledge of Power Query
- Power BI
- Visual Basic
- MS Access including the ability to design/update Access front-ends to databases used across many teams
- .NET/C# familiarity with designing packages and scripts in Visual Studio.
- SQL and Database knowledge including setting up relational databases across multiple tables, stored procedures, complex joins and SQL jobs
- Good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Experience working in a large corporate environment with a dynamic atmosphere
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to various systems and tools
- Ability to operate within and meet or exceed tight deadlines while being flexible with duties and scope of work
- Thorough attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically and manage execution
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for excellence