Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor Job Opening
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor
JLJ Management LLC• Grand Forks, North Dakota
Job Description/Summary: The Night Auditor is responsible for balancing the revenue and expense transactions, which occurred during the day at the hotel. Responsible for the overall operations and appearance of the front desk of a hotel. Responsible for attending to the needs of guests, especially during check-in and check-out.
1. Be honest, reliable
2. Be ready to begin work at the specified time
3. Be well groomed and aware of personal hygiene; adhere to dress code policy as mentioned in policy handbook.
4. Offer courteous and sincere hospitality at all times. Understand what is meant by “good customer service.” Provide uniform, efficient, courteous, high quality service in a clean and organized environment.
5. Handles, understands and responds to customer complaints and needs calmly and advises effectively or seeks assistance from management.
6. Follows training guidelines using good judgment and common sense.
7. Communicate and work well with supervisor and hotel employees.
8. Keeps work area, equipment, and lobby clean and orderly. Has a concern for cleanliness and orderliness of work area and equipment.
9. Use good judgment and common sense.
10. Keep all business confidential both on and off duty.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AD RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide a First-Rate Guest Experience.
2. Providing information to guests about hotel policies, services and amenities.
3. Responding to requests from guests for assistance and information about the local area (e.g. directions, places to eat, etc.).
4. Selling and upselling rooms to “walk-in” customers.
5. Partner with the sales department to ensure knowledge of key accounts and groups, along with tracking of company information.
6. Entering/changing reservation information on the computer system.
7. Posting charges to guest accounts.
8. Processing payments from guests.
9. Closing, balancing and making necessary corrections to guest accounts.
10. Counting and balancing cash, credit cards and direct bill accounts.
11. Investigation or analyzing out-of-balance situations and making adjustments or corrections as needed.
12. Completing various computer audit reports.
13. Performing all the duties as outlined in the training manual.
14. Listening for or anticipating and responding to guest complaints.
15. Operating hotel switchboard or PBX. Use established greeting when answering the phone or meeting guests in person. Speak with attitude of warmth and friendliness. Find a way to say "yes" to their needs if you are reasonably able to do so. Look for ways to be helpful and courteous.
16. Cleaning the front desk and lobby area.
17. Maintaining daily logs.
18. Balancing shift work and cash drawers.
19. You are a part of the property’s security team and are responsible to report any potential safety or security hazards to management immediately. Know all emergency procedures to follow and how to respond in the event of different types of emergencies.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)