Accounts Payable Lead Job Opening
Accounts Payable Lead
VCA Animal Hospitals• Westminster, Colorado
Camp Bow Wow – Accounts Payable Specialist
Business Overview and Culture
Camp Bow Wow® is North America’s largest pet care franchise. The $100+ million-dollar company, which ranked #1 in the pet category on the Entrepreneur Franchise 500 list for the last three consecutive years and was named in Entrepreneur’s 2017 and 2018 Best of the Best Lists, proudly offers dogs a safe place to play while simultaneously providing socialization, exercise, and TLC from certified Camp Counselors. With over 160 locations, dogs visit a Camp Bow Wow more than 3 million times a year where they enjoy our premier doggy day care, boarding, and training services. Come work at our fun, high-energy “Houndquarters” in Westminster, Colorado, and be a part of creating a better world for pets while achieving our vision of Happy Healthy Pets, Happy Healthy People!
We are also committed to giving back to the communities we serve by helping dogs in need through our Bow Wow Buddies Foundation! Learn more about our charitable efforts by visiting www.bowwowbuddies.com.
Camp Bow Wow® is a subsidiary of VCA, Inc. VCA has North America’s leading network of veterinary hospitals and is the leading provider of specialty veterinary medicine and post graduate veterinary training.
About the Job
The AP Specialist is responsible for all day-to-day bookkeeping and accounting functions of the company, the foundation and corporate camps; and working with the VP of Finance in the areas of cash management, tax compliance, audit preparation, financial analysis and other projects that arise.
- Codes such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email
- Prepares non-inventory purchase order requisitions.
- Attaches the corresponding purchase orders to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
- Assists with monthly status reports, and monthly closings.
- Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Process remittance information from checks, drafts and wire transfers for invoices provided by vendors, reviewing instructions accompanying items to determine proper disposition and crediting accounts in accordance with standard procedures.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
- Must have strong work ethics
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch, Oracle experience a plus
- Ability to type 60-65 wpm
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
- VP of Finance
Full time, hourly position. Normal work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. ‐ 5 p.m. at the Corporate Office in Westminster CO; attendance at evening and weekend events may be required occasionally.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Camp Bow Wow is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.