Accounts Payable Clerk Job Opening
Accounts Payable Clerk
Gestamp• Mason, Michigan
Gestamp Mason is currently seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Opening A/P emails daily and responding accordingly (approx. 70-100 emails daily).
- Entering supplier invoices in SAP (appox. 50-100 per day).
- Entering unregistered invoices on a tracking spreadsheet.
- Updating invoice tracking spreadsheet daily and communicating with all departments.
- Review supplier statements and reconciling sub-ledgers accordingly.
- Maintaining the Good Receipts GL Accounts for all Capital, Tooling and Operational Expenses.
- Monthly reconciliation of all inter company accounts on specific templates.
- Prepare weekly supplier payment proposals for review by the Assistant Controller.
- Reconcile SAP payment proposals for unpaid suppliers.
- Identify payments for Use Tax and enter on Use Tax Payment spreadsheet.
- Update lease schedule monthly.
- Keep electronic and paper files updated and organized.
Education and Experience
- Associate's degree or higher in accounting. Must demonstrate general knowledge of Accounting.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a high volume Accounts Payable position.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Excel.
- Analytical and problem solving skills required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Automotive manufacturing experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Able to communicate professionally, respectfully, and in a positive manner, to all suppliers and associates up to and including senior staff.
- Adaptable to frequent change, delays and unexpected events.
Physical and Mental Demands of the Job
- The physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs all work in accordance with OSHA and MIOSHA standards and company policies and procedures. May assist with safety audits and reports to management.
NOTE: All applicants must complete the assessment
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounts Payable: 5 years (Required)
- accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Associate (Required)
- Mason, MI (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement