Grants & Contracts Accountant - Alabama A&M University Job Opening
Grants & Contracts Accountant - Alabama A&M University
Alabama A&M University• Normal, Alabama
- Performs A-110, A-21, and A133 reporting and compliance activities
- Performs analyses and reviews of financial transactions for federal, state and local restricted funds
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and invoices
- Assists PI's with inquiries relative to the Grants Accounting process and the facilitation of the grants
- Assists with month-end and year-end close out and financial statement preparation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in accounting
- One year of Grants and Contracts Accounting experience or two years of related professional level experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A strong foundation and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of internal controls relative to business processes
- Experience with ERP systems
- In depth knowledge of state and federal regulations and procedures relative to grants processing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Alabama A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Alabama A&M University encourages applications for employment from persons who are members of groups that have been underrepresented based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability.