Sr Analyst, Financial Reporting Job Opening
Sr Analyst, Financial Reporting
Western Union• Denver, Colorado
Category: Treasury Analyst
We're seeking a Senior Analyst, Financial Reporting in our Western Union Business Solution Financial Reporting team, based in our Denver, Colorado office (global headquarters).
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
- You will compose audited financial statements in compliance with US GAAP, IFRS and other local reporting standards, acting as first point of contact for the external auditors.
- You will prepare periodic unaudited financial statements and regulatory filings critical to maintenance of operating licenses.
- You will be responsible for certain complex general ledger accounting.
- You will achieve mastery in a technical accounting topic, becoming the team's subject matter expert (SME).
What you will need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA or candidate with anticipated near-term completion.
- 4+ years financial statement audit/preparation experience, preferably including 2 years at a senior associate in public accounting.
- Strong familiarity with US GAAP, IFRS experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Capacity to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Higher time commitment during reporting seasons required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
What will make you stand out:
- Income tax provision and transfer pricing experience across multiple jurisdictions.
- Experience working a complex multi-currency accounting environment.
- Design and documentation of controls and procedures.
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- A sense of urgency and the initiative to lead critical projects.
- Strong collaboration with colleagues in Treasury, Finance, Internal Audit, and Legal.
- Experience with enterprise-level financial systems including Oracle and HFM.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive global pay and benefits
- Unparalleled experience working with a market leader in FX payment solutions.
- Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries.
What it's like here:
The Payments Business Unit of Western Union is one of the world's leading providers of international business payments and foreign exchange. With access to over 130 currencies, we enable companies of all sizes as they move money across borders via a financial network that spans over 200 countries and territories. We're disrupting fintech with our groundbreaking digital B2B platform, WU EDGE, which helps companies spend less time handling international payments and worrying about foreign exchange exposure, and more time growing their businesses. And we're just getting started!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means having integrity and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference...on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply Now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together on teams. Who knows, your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We'd love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.