Senior Internal Auditor - Professional Practices Group Job Opening
Senior Internal Auditor - Professional Practices Group
Verizon• Basking Ridge, New Jersey
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll join the Professional Practices Group (PPG) within the Verizon Internal Audit department allowing you to positively impact the way we do business. This group will provide you with the foundation to be a change agent, providing objective evaluations of our internal processes identifying areas of risk as well as operational and technological efficiency. Under the supervision of a Senior Manager, you will lead the Internal Audit Quality Assurance Review (QAR) program, assist in developing and delivering new hire, team lead and ongoing team wide training, and assist in the Audit Committee material coordination process:
- Perform QAR of work performed by the Internal audit department to ensure audits are executed in accordance with the IPPF standards, ensuring quality reports with clear findings and sufficient action plans to mitigate risk.
- Present practical recommendations to audit teams based on QAR findings.
- Prepare executive summary of QAR observations for senior leadership to drive accountability and improvements.
- Assist in developing training material to drive learning and consistency throughout the department.
- Develop VIA technical certification program along with learning and development team.
- Deliver departmental training for new hires and team leads along with key audit personnel.
- Assist in the coordination of the Audit Committee presentations ensuring quality and timeliness.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a team player who enjoys collaborating with various stakeholders to achieve winning outcomes. You understand the importance of keeping the lines of communication across all levels to earn trust. You listen carefully with an intent to understand. You like digging into the details and coming up with recommendations that will have a big impact.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Five or more years of relevant work experience.
- Your CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP certification earned or in progress or other relevant certification.
- Public accounting, information systems, risk, and operational based audit experience.
- Experience with ACL, Idea, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Basic, Microsoft.NET framework, Microsoft Access, SQL, Microsoft Exchange, or Hyperion applications.
- Audit experience in a Big 4 Public Accounting firm.
- Experience managing projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.