Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent Job Opening
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent
Hilton Garden Inn• Green Bay, Wisconsin
The Night Auditor performs the duties of a Front Desk Agent and completes, balances and files night audit reports on the various areas of the hotel (i.e. food & beverage outlets, rooms/front desk, gift shop, etc.) to provide accurate, timely information in accordance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
- Audit, balance, post and report on food and beverage charges to ensure accuracy and proper cash handling procedures are followed.
- Audit, balance, post and report on the room charges including phone calls, zero balance folios, corrections, adjustments, taxes, disputed charges, over/short figures to ensure accuracy and proper cash handling procedures are followed.
- Complete, balance and file night audit reports including over/short figures, deposits, counts, house charges, and promotional materials.
- Prepare and input statistics and income journal sheets for preparation of daily reports.
- Perform the duties of a Front Desk Agent including greeting, registering and assigning rooms in accordance with policies and procedures. Use suggestive selling skills and company sales programs to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Answer the telephone and transfer callers.
- On time and at work when scheduled and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests, vendors and associates.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school education or equivalent experience. Hotel front desk and/or accounting background and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to complete Front Desk Agent duties and process night audit in compliance with Company policies and procedures. Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment. Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills. Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
- front desk: 1 year (Preferred)