Sr. Cost Accountant – Medical Device Manufacturing Job Opening
Sr. Cost Accountant – Medical Device Manufacturing
Baxter International• Opelika, Alabama
- Analyze and report manufacturing activities/support management in production analysis through manufacturing variance reporting and review
- Provide financial support within plant environment. Must understand the financial impact of manufacturing alternatives
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of manufacturing financial performance
- Understand and maintain relationships between accounting system, manufacturing system and purchase system
- Maintain the standard cost system
- Assist in development of standard costs and bill of material
- Assist in development of annual plant budgets and forecast updates
- Provide financial support to plant management regarding production issues, as well as plant financial and operational performance versus goals, etc.
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Establish an adequate control of inventories and reserves
- Provide support to audit reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (or country equivalent)
- 3+ years of cost accounting in manufacturing environment
- Cost Accounting Experience in manufacturing environment
- Must have a strong cost systems background with sound understanding of accounting principals
- Prior experience with SAP or JD Edwards ERP Systems preferred
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Able to work independently, as well as, in a multi task, multi- functional matrix. Ability to meet deadlines.
- Good analytical, reconciliation, interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills.
- Positive work ethic and self-motivated.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Key Finance Competencies:
- Financial Analysis and Decision Support
- Cost Accounting and Reporting Integrity
- Business Process and Data Management
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.