Specialist , General Finance Mgmt Job Opening
Specialist , General Finance Mgmt
Collins Aerospace• Troy, Ohio
Country:United States of America
Location:HOH12: Wheels & Brakes - Troy 101 Waco Street, Troy, OH, 45373 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Reporting to the Manager, Operations Finance, this position will be primarily responsible for analysis of operations cost and performance data, including month end reporting and forecasting. The position also includes support for other activities in the Finance department, such as the annual budgeting and plan cycle, and capital projects related to the operations function.
- Perform variance analysis on Operations productivity, and present data to Finance and Operations on the underlying causes of variances, including insight on potential corrective actions and forecasting compared to Plan.
- Perform various month end activities, including journal entries, to tight deadlines.
- Perform account reconciliations for assigned accounts.
- Provide support for the annual cost centre budget cycle, focusing on the Operations departments.
- Support preparers of Operations capex eCARs with financial analysis and capex process guidance.
- Apply continuous improvement methodologies to support the financial aspects of the Operations costing process, and other finance processes in general.
- Support Sarbanes-Oxley and other audit compliance activities, reporting, and analysis.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Demonstrates high level of self-initiative and a bias for action.
- Strong administrative, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Comfortable around higher management; interacts well at that level
- Ability to support and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Maintains responsibility and accountability for entire task/project.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products required.
- Proficiency with an ERP system required, SAP preferred.
- Ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision required.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems and to exercise creativity to develop and/or implement practical solutions.
- Ability to evaluate his/her work and exercise judgment.
- Able to address problems with multiple variables and unknown solutions. Has clear, well thought out logic in proposed approach/solution.
- Complexity level of expected projects/tasks: Medium.
- Ability to problem-solve and exercise creativity to develop and/or implement practical solutions.
- There is minimal expectation for travel associated with this role, estimated at less than 10%, within North America.
- general and cost accounting skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related discipline
- Prior experience in a manufacturing accounting environment desired.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing accounting environment.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that Collins Aerospace never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.