Senior Purchasing Manager Job Opening
Senior Purchasing Manager
Arthur Wright & Associates• West Memphis, Arkansas
Our company is looking for a Manufacturing Senior Purchasing Manager who can analyze our current buying systems and create the best methods for day-to-day purchasing operations. Our Purchasing Manager will be responsible for overseeing our purchasing department, establishing Buyer goals based on corporate inventory needs and sales projections for the coming year and setting career objectives for each member of the purchasing team. If you are a skilled negotiator with previous experience in the manufacturing industry, please apply today.
This position requires Manufacturing Experience and Permanent United States Citizenship for consideration. Company will relocate for the right qualified candidate!
Senior Purchasing Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage activities of those engaged in the movement of raw or finished materials, storage, production scheduling, purchasing, and inventory control activities.
- Responsible to manage the Purchasing function and supervise Buyer(s). Ensure the appropriate training, coaching and discipline is given to ensure high performance of tasks to meet scheduled requirements.
- Oversee high level Purchasing related functions: Sourcing Suppliers, Negotiating favorable contracts, Resolving Commercial matters in a timely fashion and Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower the cost of doing business
- Responsible for the purchase of production materials, operating supplies, manufacturing equipment and services as well as issues related to the purchase; such as duties, legal obligation and import/export requirements.
- Enforces 100% on-time delivery requirements, 100% on-time/on-budget launches
- Maintain a positive contribution to quality, customer satisfaction and company profitability
- Collaborate with inventory control and sales to develop metrics for gauging inventory level needs and then maintaining those levels throughout the year
- Responsibility for profitability for all purchased items as it relates to price variance, material defect disposition, quality levels, downtime and rework.
- Supports Quality Control in resolving defective or unacceptable goods or services issues with Suppliers ensuring the supplier determines root cause and takes corrective action
- Co-Manages supplier rating system continuously evaluating supplier's delivery and quality performance
- Visit suppliers as needed to improve relations and assess their facilities in the areas of quality, financial stability and continuous improvement.
- Ensure updated assessments are conducted.
- Work with under-performing suppliers to improve or locate alternate supplier.
- Ensure Buyers are properly preparing purchase orders, requisitions and quote requests and responsible to ensure the correct documentation is supplied to all suppliers.
- Leads and participates in achieving 3-5% net YOY continuous improvement and cost reduction opportunities
- Ensure purchasing Department maintains adequate procurement records such as copies of quotes, delivery records, approves invoices for payment.
- Ensure proper compliance with Customs requirements such as on-time completion of all Certificates of Origin and handling customs including reporting requested by our customers.
- Responsible to reduce obsolescence exposure by properly managing all buildouts and engineering changes
- Mentor other personnel in the department and assist in their development
- Communicate with all areas of the plant to ensure the needs of the company are being fulfilled through purchasing
- Responsible to actively participate in any new programs or projects associated with the plant
- Support APQP meetings as required.
- Responsible for assuring availability of tooling and direct material required to manufacture products to meet customer needs both internal and external.
- Assist in developing more effective invoicing and collecting processes
Senior Purchasing Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree Purchasing/Supply Chain Management
- Professional Purchaser certification or 7 years direct technical and commercial purchasing experience
- 2-3 years' experience at Management level
- High level of time management and ability to lead a team
- Strong communicator in the English language, both written and oral
- SAP software experience required
- 4+ years’ purchasing manufacturing management experience
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management required
- Proven history of developing effective inventory management policies required
Salary $80,000 - $110,000 a year with relocation assistance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
- Permanent United States Citizenship (Required)