District Administrative Assistant Job Opening
District Administrative Assistant
LifeSouth Community Blood Centers• Birmingham, Alabama
LifeSouth Community Blood Centers is currently seeking an individual to join our team as a District Administrative Assistant in Birmingham, AL. This position is responsible for producing promotional materials, maintaining inventory for the Recruitment and Retention Department and for completing bulk mailings for blood drives. The selected candidate will also be responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the District Director.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and organize the District Director’s calendar, meeting and travel schedule
- Draft correspondence, answer phones, coordinate mailing, and handle inquiries and requests from internal and external sources on the District Director’s behalf
- Produce promotional materials for all blood drives including posters, fliers, paycheck stuffers, and table tents. Materials must be typed, laid out and printed
- Maintain inventory and supplies for the district’s Recruitment and Retention Department
- Track and complete bulk mailings for blood drives
- Write thank you letters
- Assist with on-site recruitment
- Confirm drives and public relations requirements
- Manage, maintain and organize confidential materials including a filing system of electronic and hard copy materials
- Prepare and assemble reports, documents and other publications, as appropriate
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license. Must also meet and maintain LifeSouth driver’s eligibility requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Ability to organize and complete multiple assignments with precision and quick turnaround
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to follow moderately complex oral and written instructions
The ideal candidate will possess:
- One to two years of related experience
This is a full-time position. Starting salary range is $12.00 - $13.20 an hour. Background check and drug test required. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/DFWP/Tobacco Free.
The position description may not include all the duties and responsibilities of the job. Duties and responsibilities that are not listed, but which the employee may be expected to perform, will fall within the scope of the skills, knowledge and training for the position.
LifeSouth is a Drug-Free and Tobacco-Free Workplace. LifeSouth is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor as well as an affirmative action employer and provides equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as LifeSouth desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. LifeSouth complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
If you require any assistance to complete the application process or during the interview due to a disability, please contact the LifeSouth region where you are applying or call 1-888-795-2707 to request an accommodation. If you have questions regarding the information contained in this job posting call 1-888-795-2707 and ask to speak to the Talent & Recruitment Coordinator. Applications may be completed at a LifeSouth facility or mailed to corporate headquarters in lieu of the on-line application process.