Senior Accountant Job Opening
MCL Industries, Inc.• Green Bay, Wisconsin
Please Apply Online at: http://www.mcl.bz/careers/
We currently seek experienced candidates for the role of Senior Accountant to provide general accounting support for the finance department throughout the “Village of Companies”. This role is fully responsible for the entire accounting cycle for Metal Fab Solutions and also a small manufacturing company that is a division of MCL Industries Inc. Both companies are currently on Quickbooks with Metal Fab Solutions transitioning to Infor CloudSuite Industrial “Syteline” ERP system.
A wide-range of responsibilities offers new challenges every day in this exciting role:
- Performing month end closes by preparing journal entries, monthly account reconciliations, bank reconciliation, inventory valuation, and accurate and timely financial statements and supporting information.
- Provide reports to operations and sales upon request to make sound business decisions, such as contribution margins and sales trends.
- Daily review cash and cash management including accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
- Provide detailed analyses and explanations of account variances to budget.
- Monitor and help manage all aspects of the company’s expenses. Reconcile credit card reports to general ledger.
- Provide operations with inventory reports and review finished goods, WIP and costs of sales accounts for accuracy.
- Record and maintain the fixed assets and ensure proper recording of new purchases and disposals by working closely with the operations team.
- Preparing state and local sales and use tax returns, and verification and maintenance of sales and use tax rates and taxability matrices. Obtains new and updated sales tax exemption certificates and verifies the validity.
- Track and reconcile intercompany activities.
- Manage the biweekly payroll process, review time records and compile and review payroll data.
- Assist in the documentation of financial policies, procedures and work instructions, making sure they are current and in-line with sound internal controls. Provide ideas for continuous improvement throughout the company.
- Assist with year-end tax compliance with external accountants, assist with other external auditors and 401(k) compliance.
- Assist with budget preparation and forecasting.
- Position requires travel within the Village of Companies between Pulaski, Ashwaubenon and Kaukauna
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Requirements (Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel required.
- Experience with ERP systems, Quickbooks or Syteline a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Proven track record to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities, and work well under pressure.
- Continuous improvement focus.
- Excellent organizational, communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate and actively support MCL Industries Inc.’s Mission, Vision and Values.
We generously reward hard work and initiative and offer a full benefits package that gives our employees both unique perks and peace of mind, including: Medical, Dental, Life and Disability insurances, Vision coverage, On-site Fitness & Wellness Center, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, new employee on-boarding plus continuing development and training opportunities, and more!
Learn more about Metal Fab Solutions at:
Learn more about MCL Industries and Apply Online at:
No phone calls or in-person applications please.
Relocation assistance may be available.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions, and during employment, team members are treated without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap.
Job Type: Full-time
- manufacturing environment accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)