Lead Financial Analyst – Planning & Forecasting Job Opening
Lead Financial Analyst – Planning & Forecasting
Verizon• Basking Ridge, New Jersey
What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
Global Technology Solutions FP&A Team
Our team is focused on supporting the Technology department from a financial perspective to deliver the highest quality Technology to our customers and employees to increase engagement and organizational agility. We handle all aspects of the financial function from planning and reporting to ad hoc analysis through business case development in order to clearly show the value that new technology can bring. Join our team as a trusted finance business partner to the Technology leadership team.
- Prepare final financial plan, forecast, reporting and analysis for the business clients.
- Develop the Business Plan, Commitment View, Best View, including analysis, distribution and recommendations for management reviews.
- Prepare final monthly analyses of business trends and budget variance of financial results and Key Performance Indicators to be used in management reviews and strategic business analysis sessions.
- Develop the final in depth analysis of the business performance and recommend action plans; including gap closures, considerations for managing cost, growing the revenue and profitability.
- Develop final capital planning models, reports and templates.
- Create cash flow statement and ad-hoc cash flow analysis/trending.
- Define the need for and the source of data requirements for the planning & forecasting and reporting processes.
- Conduct the development of strategic business analysis with overlays and commentary.
- Create final performance reports, including business insights, ad-hoc analysis and recommendations to executive management.
- Proactively identify possible scenarios, risks and opportunities around business performance.
- Create profitability/costing models and oversee/communicate model updates to the Center of Excellence.
- Develop and analyze economic drivers of the business client (e.g. customer churn, renewals).
- Model/assess performance scenarios to analyze risks and opportunities.
- Communicate with stakeholders effectively.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with knowledge of Excel.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- Understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Knowledge of common business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
- Familiarity with the preparation of General Ledgers, Basic Knowledge of FASB requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Proficiency in Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and Hyperion Strategic Finance.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.