Accounting Clerk Job Opening
CGB Enterprises Inc• West Memphis, Arkansas
With over 45 years of strength and stability, CGB Enterprises, Inc. is a great place for you to launch or grow your career. Here, people matter! There’s something special about working for a company that truly cares about its people and a company culture that can be felt throughout the organization. We strive to do the right thing, the right way, all of the time. We invite you to be a part of our team and make a lasting impact on the future of CGB all while excelling your career!This job is primarily responsible for performing a variety of administrative and clerical and/or office duties in support of an assigned function or location. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, answering and directing phones, filing, basic bookkeeping, basic housekeeping, data entry, meeting set up and break down, accounting support, and other miscellaneous office administrative and clerical support duties.
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive nor imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent in this job. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed or may perform related duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Actual responsibilities will vary depending on daily needs of location or function supported.
- Perform data entry.
- Sort and file; electronically and/or paper.
- Prepare outgoing mail, collect, sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Prepare and mail paper or electronic correspondence.
- Prepare and distribute reports as needed.
- Answer phones, assist caller, take message, or redirect calls to appropriate party.
- Operate and maintain office equipment such as copier, fax, printer, etc.
- Utilize software programs such as word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks; issue invoices, checks, collect and post payments, research discrepancies.
- Monitor office supplies and other inventory; order and replace as needed.
- May assist with travel arrangements.
- May greet and direct visitors.
- May assist with scheduling meetings, trainings, and other events as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned, such as duties specific to function supported.
Required – High school diploma or equivalent training and experience.
Required – Related working experience.
Preferred - Experience in functional area supported.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of basic administrative and clerical functions; answering phones, working with spreadsheets, working with basic office equipment.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Strong time management, organizational and project management skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and attention to detail.
- Strong team player.
- Discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work beyond normal scheduled hours; includes overtime, evenings, weekends, holidays.
Physical Demands & Requirements
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Ability to sit and/or stand continuously.
Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
The work environment described here are meant to be representative of those an employee would normally encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical environment requires the employee to work inside where there are limited extremes to heat and/or cold; moderate noise; a normal office environment.
Travel required, minimal for meetings and trainings.
This description reflects the assignment of essential functions and is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job. Nothing in this job description restricts the organization’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
Are you ready to make a meaningful career move & an impact at CGB? Apply today!
We hire right, train smart, empower our employees to make decisions, and provide ample opportunities for growth and ultimate success.
CGB Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish .
Job descriptions are provided during the hiring process to ensure candidates understand the requirements to perform the job.