Accountant Job Opening
Progress Rail Services Corp.• Albertville, Alabama
Auto req ID: 4091BR
Posting Title: Accountant
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Responsible for accounting activities for the Recycling Division. Work involves accuracy, ability to work within the limits of general policies and practices with the guidance received from Supervisor/Manager.
Key Job Elements
- Inventory review for proper balances and values;
- AR review for timely collection of receivables;
- Contract or shipment entry into the system;
- Management of property, plant and equipment accounts;
- Assist in month end closing process;
- Analyze profitability drivers and work with location management to maximize profit and return on assets;
- Monthly account reconciliations;
- Assist operation in preparation of monthly financial forecasts and annual business plan;
- Monitor expenses and variances to business plan, recommend improvements;
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, including maintenance of internal controls and process documentation;
- Ensure compliance with company accounting policies;
- Other tasks or special projects may be assigned by the division controller or VP;
- 10% travel may be required.
Education / Training
- Accounting degree;
- CPA/CMA certification planned.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2 – 5 years’ experience preferred;
- Analytical skills and knowledge of accounting procedures;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software – Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Detail-oriented, sense of urgency and follow-through;
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and work effectively in varying environments.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
- Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities