Accounts Payable Accounting Assistant Job Opening
Accounts Payable Accounting Assistant
Progress Rail Services Corp.• Albertville, Alabama
Auto req ID: 4252BR
Posting Title: Accounts Payable Accounting Assistant
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Responsible for data entry of Accounts Payable invoices. Work involves accuracy, ability to work within limits of general policies and practices with guidance received from Supervisor/Manager.
Key Job Elements
- Perform data entry of Accounts Payable invoices in an accurate and timely manner;
- Support the efforts of the Accounts Payable Supervisor to achieve corporate/departmental goals and objectives;
- Process all invoices received within 48 hours of receipt utilizing basic problem solving skills (purchase order research);
- Ensure compliance with departmental standards (processing/ scanning goals);
- Follow established Accounting policies & procedures;
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education / Training
- High School Diploma required;
- Associate Degree or higher preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years Accounts Payable experience preferred;
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word);
- 10-key calculator skills;
- Experience with SAP or other ERP system a plus;
- Proven interpersonal, communication and team building skills;
- Scan / index documents into imaging system;
- Strong problem solving skills, multi-tasking skills;
- Excel as a team player and strive to maximize department performance;
- Highly organized, able to maintain accurate information in multiple systems;
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
- Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities