Hospice Aide *** Job Opening
Hospice Aide ***
Grace Hospice• South Bend, Indiana
At Grace Hospice, our mission is for each employee to treat every patient as their own treasured loved one, providing care that affords a quality of life that outweighs quantity of days, and supports caregivers as their hearts find healing.
Our program ensures that our patients will spend the final days of their journey in comfort and with dignity. If you are caring, compassionate, and have a true desire to help others, becoming a member of the Grace Hospice team may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Some of the benefits and advantages of working with Grace Hospice Include:
- Grace Hospice is CHAP accredited and we are Members of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.
- We invest in our employees’ career development and growth.
- Comprehensive orientation programs for new hires
- Leadership Academy meetings held off-site regularly for continuous development of our site leadership team members (Office Manager, CS, DCS, and Administrator).
- Grace offers advancement opportunities.
- Grace Hospice has 27 locations across the U.S. and we are growing! This growth creates additional advancement opportunities for strong performers.
- We provide an innovative healthcare environment offering a clinical ladder.
- Grace is founded firmly on five pillars of excellence: People, Service, Quality, Finance, and Growth.
- Our environment offers collaboration and provides tools and programs to enhance our team’s ability to provide excellent care.
- Our point-of-care system is state of the art: HomeCare HomeBase.
- Employees have access to referring physicians and other professional resources on a daily basis.
- Inter-disciplinary Team conferences are held regularly to discuss and optimize patient care.
- Our ‘Meaningful Memories’ program is in development to provide exceptional patient experiences.
The Hospice Aide provides personal care, supportive services, education, and light household duties. The aide will communicate changes to the RN Case Manager and complete documentation to reflect assigned duties set by the RN Case Manager. The Hospice Aide will utilize the IDT team to assist in this process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports agency and corporate policies, goals, and objectives.
- Promotes a positive working relationship within agency.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, as requested.
- Communicates identified needs and potential solutions to supervisor.
- Assists with personal care including:
- Tub, shower, whirlpool, or bed bath
- Shampoo hair
- Nail and skin care
- Oral hygiene
- Toileting and elimination
- Safe transfer technique and ambulation
- Range of motion
- Dressing changes as directed on POC
- Takes vital signs as directed by RN Case Manager
- Assists with family needs at time of death
- Other duties as assigned by management
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Current STNA licensure in State of employment
- Successful completion of a State-established or other training program that meets federal requirements
- Successful completion of a competency evaluation program or State licensure program that meets federal requirements
- A minimum of one year full-time experience in direct client care in an institutional setting (hospital or nursing facility);
- One year full-time experience within the last five years in direct client care in an agency setting;
- Satisfactorily completed a training and competency evaluation program that complies with the requirements of this section;
- Satisfactorily completed a competency evaluation program that complies with the requirements of this section;
Submitted to the agency documentation from the director of programs or the dean of a school of nursing that states that the individual is a nursing student who has demonstrated competency in providing basic nursing skills in accordance with the school’s curriculum
- A Hospice Aide must have provided hospice services within the previous 24 months.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends.
- Must have a valid driver's license, auto liability insurance, and dependable vehicle for work in the service area.