Staff Accountant Job Opening
The Hangout Hospitality Group• Gulf Shores, Alabama
We are looking for a qualified individual to join our staff in the capacity of Staff Accountant. The staff accountant maintains and controls the general ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Position requires strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to set priorities and work in a team directed environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform hands on day-to-day financial/accounting activities for the company.
- Accounts payable full cycle.
- Verify accuracy of invoices.
- Prepare sales and use tax returns.
- Assist and review payroll and related reconciliations.
- Complete work accurately and timely for weekly and month-end closings.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
- Well-developed verbal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Basic understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks experience a plus.
- Must be able to effectively handle and prioritize multiple responsibilities in a deadline driven environment a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's (Required)