Medical Billing Specialist Job Opening
Medical Billing Specialist
US Healthcare MI PC• Pontiac, Michigan
Under supervision of the billing manager, the goal is to efficiently input billing and coding and send out invoices in a timely manner to maximize company revenue, all while upholding patient confidentiality.
Medical Office Billing Job Duties:
- Processes billings to third party reimbursement claims.
- Processes patient statements, post transactions, and updated coding.
- Follows up on claims that have been submitted and updates those received.
- Balances daily batch reports.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Assists in preparing legal documents which may consists of patient receipts, claims and/or ledgers.
- Ensures that charts needing updating for supportive billing information are made aware to the correct department.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; maintain receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Medical Office Billing Skills and Qualifications: Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Professionalism, Quality Focus.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time