Sr. Advisor Financial Assistance, Enrollment Management Job Opening
Sr. Advisor Financial Assistance, Enrollment Management
University of Miami• Coral Gables, Florida
Where Excellence Meets Purpose
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
CORE JOB SUMMARY
The senior advisor, financial assistance assumes responsibility for advising graduate online students and other online customers within regards to financial aid issues. This position reviews student files, correspondence, scholarship, and financial awards in accordance with University, state, and federal regulations.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collects student information and exercises judgment on financial assistance matters.
- Serves as a liaison for online graduate students with other University departments.
- Advises online graduate students, parents, and other online customers on the phone, via instant chat messaging, and email, regarding financial aid information and amount awarded.
- Reviews student files and reports to monitor and analyze continued compliance and eligibility of online graduate students receiving aid under federal and institutional guidelines.
- Contacts students regarding missing documents, changes in eligibility of awards and alternatives.
- Assists in the management of online graduate students along with the online program staff.
- Inputs and updates data on the financial aid system and the Salesforce system used by the online program.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required or years of experience in a financial aid office
Certification and Licensing:
Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Commitment to the University’s core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, Salesforce).
Department Specific Functions
- Serves as the dedicated contact person for online graduate students as it relates to all things financial aid.
- Works as a dedicated team member for the Online Programs, as well as the Financial Aid Office.
- Serves as a generalist for Student Accounts with the ability to answers questions or direct online team member or graduate online students to the appropriate person within that office.
- Works with SUMO appointment scheduler system.
- Participates in online enrollment departmental and operational meetings.
- Availability to work nights and weekends as needed.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Job Status:Full time