Regional Manager Job Opening
LifeSouth Community Blood Centers• Opelika, Alabama
LifeSouth Community Blood Centers is currently seeking an individual to join our team as a Regional Manager in Opelika, AL. This position is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the region to ensure the daily and long-range commitments of the blood bank are met.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee blood collection, donor recruitment, components production, blood labeling and blood distribution in the assigned region
- Ensure established percentage to inventory goals are met for all departments
- Ensure the region operates within its established budget
- Review weekly recruitment goals and projections; Implement corrective action when projections and goals are not achieved
- Ensure purchasing, receiving and inventory functions are controlled at the branch
- Direct and evaluate the work of department supervisors and work with them to manage staff
- Oversee hiring of branch staff
- Represent and promote the company and its mission to the community with in the region
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Three years of relevant management experience
- Valid driver's license. Must also meet and maintain LifeSouth driver's eligibility requirements
- Knowledge of modern principles and practices of administration and organization, including general budgeting, accounting and personnel management techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to prepare concise and informative reports
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize office, management and blood banking software
The selected candidate may be required to be continuously on call to fulfill the needs and obligations of the region.
This is a full-time position. Starting salary range is $52,500 - $57,750 annually. Background check and drug test required. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/DFWP/Tobacco Free.
The position description may not include all the duties and responsibilities of the job. Duties and responsibilities that are not listed, but which the employee may be expected to perform, will fall within the scope of the skills, knowledge and training for the position.
LifeSouth is a Drug-Free and Tobacco-Free Workplace. LifeSouth is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor as well as an affirmative action employer and provides equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as LifeSouth desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. LifeSouth complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
If you require any assistance to complete the application process or during the interview due to a disability, please contact the LifeSouth region where you are applying or call 1-888-795-2707 to request an accommodation. If you have questions regarding the information contained in this job posting call 1-888-795-2707 and ask to speak to the Talent & Recruitment Coordinator. Applications may be completed at a LifeSouth facility or mailed to corporate headquarters in lieu of the on-line application process.