Senior Tax Consultant Job Opening
Senior Tax Consultant
Core Corporation• Fargo, North Dakota
This individual will lead and manage multiple tax engagements to deliver quality tax consulting services for our clients. They will be responsible for providing strategic leadership for the company and other senior leadership to establish long-range goals, strategies and plans. Directs and oversees tax policies and objectives. Monitors reporting and planning to ensure compliance with applicable tax statutes. This role will be tasked with providing strong leadership for our organization.
- Leadership:Provides leadership and guidance that is reflective of the mission, vision and core values of the company.
- Strategy: Identify and manage projects in furtherance of CORE strategy. Establishes CORE organizational strategies by contributing opinions and substantiation for strategic thinking and direction; creating functional strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with CORE objectives. Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies. Provide strategic input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential acquisitions and/or mergers and acquisitions.
- Mergers and Acquisitions:Strategic leader in all the firm's merger and acquisition advisory activities. Responsible for the integrity of the valuation analyses and merger and acquisition models developed. Actively leads transaction execution and responsible for developing and implementing the strategic elements of each transaction's execution. Manages multiple assignments concurrently and indirectly oversees others. Oversees the development of both initial pitch material and descriptive memoranda and is expected to actively lead drafting sessions and due diligence meetings, as well as conversations with clients and counter parties.
- Tax Services: Delivering a full range of tax consulting services in compliance with laws and regulations within time frame. Building relationships and interacting with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting and expertise. Advising and consulting with clients.
- Finance /Tax: Develop and recommend tax strategies by researching, interpreting, and implementing tax laws. Responsible for coordinating and monitoring projects. Ensure that all our policies and practices are performed both efficiently and ethically.
- Accountability:Collaborates with key members of the management to establish and execute the organizational strategic plan by setting outcomes, tracking progress and attaining goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. Master’s degree in accounting, tax or finance preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of financial accounting, tax accounting, contracts, financial planning and strategy is required
- 10+ years prior experience in public accounting and tax. Tax audit experience is required. Leadership experience gained through increasing positions, roles and responsibilities.
- Strong accounting, analytical, problem solving and research proficiency
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Effective oral and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal, relationship, organizational, presentation and coaching skills.
- Must have a collaborative working style that thrives in a cross functional team and matrixed environment.
- Must be skilled at inspiring others. Demonstrated ability to lead teams and develop talent.
- A track record of high achievement, meeting/exceeding goals and driving results is required.
- Advanced proficiency in business systems (NetSuite preferred) and MS Office suite
Unity Holdings, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned company that owns and operates CORE. We takes pride in building strong relationships and providing long term solutions to our customers. Our current portfolio includes companies in the manufacturing and professional service industries.
Please e-mail Tina Hoffman your resume and cover letter to [email protected]