Senior Accountant Job Opening
Cameron• Sulphur, Louisiana
Perform duties related to the financial and administrative reporting of the company. Prepare accounting data and ledgers. Responsible for reconciliation of accounts and ledgers during annual audit. Prepare other financial data on an as-needed basis as requested by management
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
1. Prepare monthly financial data for American Broadband.
2. Prepare variance reports for monthly financial call.
3. CABS billing and reporting.
4. Video programming
5. Supervisor and work with Accounting Clerks.
6. Record all recurring and adjusting journal entrires.
7. Prepare any regulatory or federal reporting as necessary.
8. Prepare finalized monthly financial statements at specific due dates.
9. Prepare monthly work papers as needed for corporate and auditing purproses.
10. Prepare annual budget for American Broadband companies.
11. Analyze finanicals for accuracy and reasonableness.
12. Prepare monthly variance reports for actual vs budget and prior year.
13. Prepare and inpout NECA lock and settlements.
14. Prepare CABS reports and associated journal entries.
15. Prepare monthly subscriber reporting.
16. Review channel setup and contract renewals.
17. Oversee Accounting Clerk duties and assist where needed.
18. Perform other duties as requested by management.
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills for Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- 5-7 yrs. accounting experience
- Proficient on a PC and with spreadsheet, word processing and accounting software
- Accounting experience with regulated and deregulated accounting.
- Proven ability to work independently, maintain strict confidentiality, and work accurately with detail
- Able to communicate with associates and customers in a professional and courteous manner
- CPA certification preferred.
- Accounting experience in the telephone industry especially in separations and/or revenue streams preferred.
Accounting/Finance Degree or equivalent along with 7+ years’ experience in a supervisory accounting position required. CPA is preferred but not required.