Scenario Planning Manager Job Opening
Scenario Planning Manager
Verizon• Basking Ridge, New Jersey
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Business Group (VBG) Competitive Intelligence Strategy team combines industry expertise, finance, research and analytical skills in order to help project the future actions of competitors and determine how to gain or maintain dominance in the Telecommunications industry.
The team is responsible for helping VBG sales, product, marketing and strategy leadership make effective decisions on future actions by forecasting program performance based on a combination of historical data and evolving product, program, and marketplace drivers. A key function in our ability to meet these goals is Scenario Planning - the process of visualizing what future conditions or events are probable, what their consequences or effects would be like, and how to respond to, or benefit from them. Performing these “what-if” scenarios is imperative to better understanding the impact of each financial decision or investment.
VBG is seeking an experienced Scenario Modeler to support the development and delivery of our mid and long term strategic planning efforts. We are looking for a Telecom industry professional who can manage development of simulation and outcome models aligned to our market and competitive intelligence program. This role will conduct and develop quantitative and analytic models, assessments and/or applications in support of strategic planning efforts. The ideal candidate will partner with the broader strategy team to assess the market and identify risks/gaps in existing or proposed actions.
This critical role provides strategic and tactical management, participates in the daily execution of the work, and will have a key voice in the long term development of this evolving function - including a leadership role in defining scenario planning best practices, and identifying tools and outputs of the profession.
- Enhance Verizon’s vision of world-class business forecasting and scenario planning, develop a robust operating model to deliver on the vision, and develop the function towards that operating model in a prototyping and continuous improvement approach.
- Apply knowledge of diverse methodologies and deep experience in a variety of disciplines to continually assess future risk and/or new risks, opportunities, and effectiveness.
- Lead and execute complex initiatives with functional teams within the Strategy organization, and across the Verizon Business Group to drive problem resolution. Develop complex systems and programs that measure aggregate risk exposures.
- Define, track, and communicate metrics around new initiatives, comparing to previous outcomes.
- Collaborate and coordinate cross-functionally in support of other departments, such as Sales, Finance, Strategy, Marketing and Operations to gather and explain data from multiple sources, and to resolve escalated issues
- Identify and communicate risks and opportunities associated with each contingency developed.
- Translate findings and recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to senior leadership, with an expected impact on business results.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have…
- Bachelor's degree or fouror more years work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have…
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline required.
- Knowledge of various qualitative and quantitative demand forecasting techniques, methodologies, statistical analysis, and related tools to predict future outcomes and, accordingly, make business decisions.
- Six or moreyears professional experience with quantitative analytical work, statistical analysis, financial modeling, forecasting and scenario planning, with strong preference for Telecommunications and/or Technology vertical.
- Experiencein MS Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Experience in SQL, with experience understanding and analyzing relational databases.
- Experience in implementing new processes, technology, or related systems leading to a significant increase in performance or business impact.
- Ability to assist in the development of hypothetical exercise scenarios.
- Ability to chair and brief at planning conferences and be able to culminate exercise findings in clear succinct reporting that will be actionable to Verizon leadership as well as fellow strategy team members.
- Strong understanding of current and emerging trends in telecommunications, media and information technology.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.