Accounting Solutions Accountant Job Opening
Accounting Solutions Accountant
Crabtree Rowe & Berger• Huntsville, Alabama
Crabtree, Rowe & Berger focuses on financial consulting and accounting for growth-oriented businesses. We are dedicated to helping entrepreneurs fine tune the economic engine of their business for maximum, true profitability. We’ve carefully built our team over many years to provide our clients with a group of savvy professionals who are more than the sum of their parts. Our supportive, team-oriented staff takes the most complicated numbers and helps clients turn them into smart business decisions!
This role directly supports our SimpleNumbers™ clients by performing a variety of accounting tasks related to individuals and businesses. A successful candidate must have the skills and abilities to comprehend financial data, and independently manage workload to meet clients’ needs. Essential qualities required include a strong commitment to teamwork, excellent customer service and communication skills, high analytical thinking and decision making skills, and effective time management.
This is a full-time, non-supervisory position with a regularly scheduled work week of 40 hours. Additionally, all billable staff is required to work an average of 200 hours of overtime per year; some flexibility with scheduling, commensurate with the professional nature of the job, will be allowed.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Daily client interaction regarding financial data
- Weekly processing of client bookkeeping tasks
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting for businesses
- Closing financial periods
- Assisting with onboarding new clients, including understanding what information will be needed to complete their bookkeeping
Key Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance; MBA and/or CPA a plus
- At least 3 years of experience in an accounting environment; public accounting experience a plus
- A thorough understanding of balance sheets
- Proficiency with QuickBooks
- Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll are a plus
- Understanding of bank and other account reconciliations
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to work independently and deliver accurate, complete results
- Commitment to teamwork, customer service, and continuous learning
- Sense of urgency; ability to continuously and proactively move forward and complete tasks
Crabtree, Rowe & Berger is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Reasonable accommodations, as required by law, may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform key responsibilities.