Staff Accountant Job Opening
Tantor Media• Old Saybrook, Connecticut
Tantor Media, a division of Recorded Books is one of the fastest-growing audio book publishers globally. Located in Old Saybrook, Connecticut, Tantor Media has over 15 years of experience in the audio market publishing over 300 exclusive titles per a month.
“Tantor” is Tarzan’s elephant friend in Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs, the first audiobook Tantor published. “Tantor” was chosen to represent the company because elephants never forget and we like to think of our titles as unforgettable. And just as those big ears make Tantor an excellent listener, the Tantor Media goal is to listen to – and respond to – our customer’s wants and needs.
- Analyze accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standards defined within the department
- Assist Director of Finance and Assistant Controller with tasks related to the budget process and month end close
- Prepare and provide support for journal entries
- Interact effectively with outside auditors
- Assist with the execution of non-routine reporting transactions
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Assist Director of Finance, Assistant Controller, and members of the Finance staff with various tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent number of years accounting experience
Additional Desired Skills
- Proficient with Outlook, Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of NetSuite is a plus
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines as required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Detail oriented
Interested candidates should submit resume & cover letter to: [email protected]
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time
to time, as needed.