Staff Accountant/Jr. Financial Analyst Job Opening
Staff Accountant/Jr. Financial Analyst
Pilot Freight Services• Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
Pilot Freight Services seeks an entry level Staff Accountant/Jr. Financial Analyst who excels in a fast-paced environment with a variety of day to day responsibilities, to work in our Corporate Office in Glen Mills, PA.
Pilot is seeking two or three recent college graduates to join our Corporate Accounting and Finance team to rotate as a cohort through our "Procure to Pay" and "Quote to Case" processes before launching into a Staff Accountant or Financial Analyst position. This cohort will spend 3-6 months in areas of our business such as Accounts Payable, Transportation Payable, Accounts Receivable and Claims. During this rotation, each team member will gain ground-up experience while building and fortifying a robust knowledge of our business practices and accounting processes. We are convinced this hands-on learning approach will shape the future of accounting and finance at Pilot.
Our Staff Accountants are responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual and non-recurring journal entries. They reconcile accounts, prepare and maintain supporting schedules and they provide ad-hoc account analyses. Staff Accountants partake in preparation of tax requirements for filings and they assist in responding to the needs of our external financial auditors. They will get exposure to PP&E and accounting for leases. Our Financial Analysts use financial modeling to inform management of business trends. They are an investigatory resource and are expected to problem solve. They get involved in evaluating projects and proposals. Both positions are expected to pursue development opportunities with enthusiasm. They must be excited for positive change and they must actively seek areas of improvement. They are empowered to evaluate and improve their areas of concentration (to "make it theirs"). During the rotation, they report to their functional managers, though the Controller will actively coach this group with a commitment to their success.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to grow in an evolving company that understands the significance of people, systems, scale, efficiency and accuracy. These roles are a great fit for a candidate that is looking for a formative opportunity right out of academia. Here they will build upon their current accounting and finance knowledge and be recognized for contributing to this exciting time at our growing business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process accounts payable;
- Maintain vendor data;
- Perform vendor analytics;
- Process accounts receivable;
- Maintain customer data;
- Perform customer analytics;
- Process claims;
- Perform claims analytics;
- Prepare journal entries;
- Prepare reconciliations;
- Support audit and tax requests;
- Perform research in technical accounting/finance areas;
- Build, evaluate and maintain financial controls;
- Participate in monthly, quarterly and annual close processes;
- Cross-functional collaboration in managing monthly close process;
- Perform Excel-based financial modeling;
- All other duties as assigned.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA or progress towards, preferred.
- Accounting internship preferred.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) proficiency (emphasizing Excel).
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills. Attention to detail and motivated.
- Strong foundation in GAAP accounting principles and eagerness to learn.
- Understanding of and ability to work with accounting and reporting systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a diverse group of talented individuals.
Competitive wages and full benefits package, including a generous 401K match.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Pilot Air Freight to consider all applications for any position without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or genetics.
Job Type: Full-time
- Glen Mills, PA (Required)
- CPA (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules