Assistant Store Manager (Full-time)- The University of Mississippi #317 Job Opening
Assistant Store Manager (Full-time)- The University of Mississippi #317
Barnes & Noble College• University, Mississippi
Barnes & Noble College is a retail environment like no other – uniquely focused on delivering outstanding customer service. Our stores can carry everything from text and trade books, technology, and school supplies to clothing, regalia, and food- everything a college student desires, their parents want, and our faculty needs. An Assistant Store Manager should be a resource for all departments, a model for customer service, a driver for sales, and a skillful problem solver.
As an Assistant Store Manager you will support all store operations and departments in partnership with the Store Manager or General Manager. You may be involved in purchasing for one or more departments, directing operational functions, and/or with scheduling and team development. At all times you will be expected to deliver outstanding customer service to the academic and co-curricular community while helping the store to meet or exceed sales goals, identify business opportunities, and motivate our team. With people management you may have direct involvement with training, directing, and counseling our team to help create excitement around our products, programs, and initiatives. Driving our team to create customer experiences that enhance bookstore loyalty, and deliver measurable results will be a daily expectation. And best of all, you’ll be part of a company that is consistently rated as a great place to work - and where employees love what they do.
- Develop a working knowledge of all departments in the store to provide daily support, direction, and guidance to customers and team members.
- Assign and direct work activities for booksellers or other management team members to ensure delivery of services, sales, and customer service.
- Maintain a presence on the sales floor to greet customers, answer questions, and assist with purchases of merchandise or services when necessary.
- Manage customer and/or employee issues appropriately, timely, and with respect.
- Assist with hiring and training new employees for the sales floor or other departments.
- Maintain an appealing sales floor- shelf, arrange, clean, and organize product or space within the store.
- Assist with processing sales transactions involving cash, credit, or financial aid payments.
- Frequent movement within the store to access various departments, areas, and/or products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- 3+ years’ experience in a retail setting.
- 1+ year supervisory experience preferred or a graduate of the Best Seller Program.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Familiarity with financial and customer service principles.
- Basic reading, writing and accounting skills required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills needed.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills.
Barnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.