Crew Chief Job Opening
IHOP | California Food Management LLC• Wausau, Wisconsin
Category: Accounting Assistant
SUMMARYA position filled by a craft employee with initiative and demonstrated leadership ability. In the absence of management, the crew chief assumes the duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Manager. The crew chief continues all responsibilities of the craft positionworks, in addition to the responsibilities listed below.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
- To assist in directing employees in all phases of operation, to achieve high standardsof food preparation and presentation, service to guests, general cleanliness, andpleasant atmosphere in accordance with all standard operating procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESThese include the following:
- Assist in ensuring that all personnel, equipment, and supplies are prepared andready to meet the needs of the business. Assist in assigning employee duties and responsibilities and encouraging teamwork.
- Inform all employees of new menu items, specials, and promotional materials to ensure complete understanding of food preparation and service.
- Assist in conducting orientation and training for new employees and give refreshertraining to current employees, when needed. Supervise employee performance and conduct in accordance with company policies. Observe guest reactions to quality offood and service.
- Review all time cards (or time reports) daily as required by Unit Manager. Adjust schedule to meet the needs of the restaurant and keep overtime to anabsolute minimum.
- Enforce portion control per Standard Operating Procedures Manuals. Check deliveries for proper quantity, quality, pricing, completeness of order, breakage, andspoilage. Maintain tight security.
- Control waste.
Perform Administrative Procedures such as:
- Cash Receipts/Store Receipts
- Be responsible for register reading and daily sales reports.
- Reconcile cash receipts and store bank funds.
- Make DAILY deposits and submit deposit slips to the Accounting Office asrequired by Manager or Assistant Manager.
- Ensure that register or servers have sufficient change and bills prior to peakhours of business.
- Enforce company policy regarding check cashing.
- Perform other assignments or as needed or which may be assigned the Unit Manager or Assistant Manager.
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and or/ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions. Employee must be able to communicate verbally in English to employees and guests and read English for menus, guest checks, notices, instructions, safety labels, etc. Employee must be able to interact with people in a friendly, courteous manner.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCEPrior experience or training is desired, but may not be required.
LANGUAGE SKILLSAbility to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to writeguest checks and simple correspondence. Ability to read and speak English well enough to communicate with guests, understand guest checks and instructions.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLSAbility to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, percents, decimals, discounts, and cash counting.
REASONING ABILITYAbility to apply common sense and to understand and carry out detailed and objective written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Employee must be able to memorize food plating and handling procedures outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIESEmployee must be able to remain calm under pressure when dealing with guests, staff or equipment problems.
IHOP training coursework as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here must be met by an employee to successfully performthe essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee regularly must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally may move up to 100 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally is exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Address: 2008 North Mountain Road Wausau, WI - 54401
Property Description: 3268 - North Mountain Road - Wausau, WI
Property Number: 3268