Senior Lease Accountant Job Opening
Senior Lease Accountant
Michael Kors• East Rutherford, New Jersey
Michael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion.
If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
The primary purpose of this position is to perform worldwide lease accounting and reporting for the Company’s real estate portfolio. This role will report to the Manager of Real Estate Accounting and will work with a number of internal domestic and international business partners across Michael Kors, Versace, and Jimmy Choo brands.
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting month-end and year-end close processes for leases and restructuring and preparing reconciliations for related balance sheet accounts.
- Accounting and reporting relating to the Company’s lease portfolio for fixed and variable rent, percentage rent calculations, tenant incentives, landlord reporting, etc.
- Preparing and reviewing lease accounting schedules under ASC 842, maintaining global discount rates and ensuring that they are appropriately applied to lease agreements
- Preparing reports to support all lease accounting disclosure requirements for the Company’s filings with the SEC
- Accounting for lease terminations and modifications, as well as sublease accounting
- Working with global teams to establish controls necessary to capture all new leases on a timely basis
- Preparing and maintaining lease accounting policies and procedures, as well as participating in training of relevant finance personnel worldwide
- Supporting ad-hoc lease accounting-related requests and development of new functionalities and reporting capabilities within the Company’s CoStar lease accounting system
B.S. or above degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 2-4 years of professional experience with a public accounting experience preferred
- Accounting experience in the areas of lease accounting and restructuring a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask without sacrificing accuracy
- Ability to learn new processes and systems quickly
- Excellent time management, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong initiative and a process improvement mindset
Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- CoStar experience a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V