Senior Analyst - Capital Markets Funding Job Opening
Senior Analyst - Capital Markets Funding
Capital One• McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Analyst - Capital Markets Funding
Capital One is looking for a Senior Associate to join the Treasury Division on The Capital Markets Funding team. The Capital Markets Funding team is responsible for debt and equity issuance in the Capital Markets. This issuance includes unsecured debt, brokered deposits, asset-backed securities, FHLB advances, federal funds, preferred equity, and common equity. In addition the team is responsible for common equity share repurchases, management of legacy securitization trusts, and general liability management. The team achieves these objectives by working closely with internal and external partners including most of the major investment banks.
The Senior Associate will be responsible for:
- Providing analytical support for securitization transactions – data tie-outs, document review, cashflow runs, etc
- Enhancing the data and reporting infrastructure for the team to allow for faster and more effective flow of information for the purpose of making funding decisions and investor marketing
- Managing and analyzing data for the purpose of generating collateral cashflows and related securitization calculations
- Providing analytical support for all capital markets products, including daily trading of short-term products, data tracking and reporting
Preferred candidates will have some experience with data curation, data management, analytic reporting tools, the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience, and the capacity and willingness to learn basic and eventually more complex financial concepts.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and intellectually curious. The candidate is proficient in mathematics and programming, with a willingness to learn programming languages and data visualization tools
In addition to the core data management and reporting responsibilities, this opportunity will also allow for an amazing entry point into the Capital Markets. The candidate will responsible for being a partner in managing all of Capital One’s Capital Markets funding programs. This includes using market color on peer issuance and market pricing indications to determine weekly brokered pricing recommendations, providing execution support for new issuance activity by coordinating senior management schedules for documentation execution, reviewing documents, and independently managing the trade entry process. In addition the candidate will be responsible for ensuring all funding programs operate in compliance with the governing transaction documents, regulations, and internal policies and procedures. The requirement to maintain and develop relationships with Wall Street Investment Bank analyst will allow this candidate to learn the capital markets in real-time and gain market insight and intuition that will allow the candidate to grow into a primary executor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics, Math or Computer Science OR military experience
- At least 1 year working in data science
- Master's Degree in Finance, Statistics, Math, or Computer Science or military experience
- Experience with reporting/ data visualization tools such as Birst/Tableau
- Passion for data and analysis
- Experience with programming and Math / Engineering skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.