Grants and Contracts Administrator - Alabama A&M University Job Opening
Grants and Contracts Administrator - Alabama A&M University
Alabama A&M University• Normal, Alabama
This position will assist with administration of Federal/State funded, research and development (R&D) grants and contracts. This position reports to the Grants and Contract Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist all professional and support staff personnel in the Office of Grants and Contracts.
- Promote and assist University externally funded R&D grants and contracts development and management.
- Maintain contact with University participating scientists in matters pertaining to establishment, implementation and closeout of sponsored R&D contracts and grants.
- Review requisitions and proposed budgets to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion for planning, controlling, reviewing , advising, and approving to ensure terms and conditions of individual contracts and grants, public law, agency regulations, cost accounting standards, and university policies and procedures are followed.
- Implement and monitors subcontract awards, modifications, and expenditures to assure compliance with contractor specifications.
- Manage sub-recipient performance (cost, schedule, delivery and technical performance reporting).
- Manage grants and contracts from pre-award to closeout.
- Supports University Agency and University Industry contacts, attends meetings, conferences, and consortia assemblies where appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Research and Development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of federal/state grants and contracts management, contract accounting, subcontract management, and research implementation practices and procedures.
- Frequent interpretation of regulations and contractual terms and conditions.
- Flexibility and confidentiality.
Minimum Position Requirements (including certifications, licenses, etc.):
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or other Business related field
- At least 3 years of experience in the field
- Master's degree is preferred
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Alabama A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Alabama A&M University encourages applications for employment from persons who are members of groups that have been underrepresented based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability.