Senior Accounts Payable Clerk - Alabama A&M University Job Opening
Senior Accounts Payable Clerk - Alabama A&M University
Alabama A&M University• Normal, Alabama
Conduct reviews and analyses of invoices and billing statements to insure timely and accurate payments, Interact with vendors, faculty, and staff regarding payment inquiries. Exhibit exceptional customer service through courteous, pleasant, and timely communications, and the conveyance of accurate information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review all stipend payments for accuracy.
- Enter all stipend payments into the system for payment.
- Process invoices for payment.
- Prepare and perform check runs also include wire payments.
- Review and close Encumbrances and Purchase Orders on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and compile check runs to be scanned.
- Assist with month end closing.
- Provide supporting documentation for audits.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements (including certifications, licenses, etc.):
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related area AND one year accounts payable or related experience; OR, Associate Degree with two years of progressive accounts payable experience; OR, An equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- Available for periodic evening and/or weekend work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles, practices, regulations, and procedures as they relate to purchasing and accounts payable
- Knowledge of the application of data processing techniques in automated accounting systems.
- Skills in customer service / public relations
- Skills in verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Proficient math and organization skills
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
Alabama A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Alabama A&M University encourages applications for employment from persons who are members of groups that have been underrepresented based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability.