Accounts Receivable Clerk Job Opening
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Republic National Distributing Company (RNDC)• Jessup, Maryland
Records payments to customers' accounts and maintains accounts receivable records by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Responsible for the set up and maintenance of all customer accounts in the order to cash system.
- Checks in delivery drivers, reconciling all monies collected to invoices delivered.
- Applies and posts customer remittances to open accounts receivable.
- Reports all delinquent accounts to the ABC and sales management. Maintains the state list on delinquent accounts, releasing customer for shipment when payment has been received.
- Administration and reporting of all returned checks, in addition to affidavits and default notices to ABC.
- Researches and resolves account claims and discrepancies with customers.
- Prepares credits due customers as a result of incomplete deliveries, pricing/discount issues, etc.
- Prepares daily bank deposits.
- Answers phone inquiries and follows up.
- Obtains and mails invoice copies for customers, as requested.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: One year certificate from college or technical school preferred; three to six months related experience and/or training, preferably in accounting work; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and etc.), and order processing systems (such as Oracle’s order to cash software, Logility, Microstrategy, and etc.) or the aptitude to learn.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Not Applicable
Other Requirements: Ability to work overtime.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.