Entrepreneurial Tax Manager Job Opening
Entrepreneurial Tax Manager
New Economy• Pawtucket, Rhode Island
We are looking for a Tax Manager that wants to participate in our mission of "Unleashing the full potential of the entrepreneur."
This is the type of opportunity to take your career to the next level and does not come around often!!
Are you entrepreneurial and like to be challenged and have an interest in working with startups and growing small businesses? Do you want to work in a fast-paced environment that offers you a variety of challenges to enhance your skills?
If so, come join us at New Economy.
We are a close-knit team of accounting, financial and tax professionals who LOVE to help companies grow. This opportunity will position your career for immediate growth and expose you CEO’s, Business owners and will come with the leading role in New Economy’s tax group.
Also, we strongly believe in alignment with our beliefs. Our core values that we are constantly living out are the following:
- Deliver awesome customer service
- Create and have fun
- Embracing change through innovation and technology
- Be humble, respectful and positive
- Give back
- Pursue learning and growth
- Be passionate and determined
- Build open and honest relationships
If this is you, read on : )
This position will be responsible for managing all aspects of client relationships with corporate entities and delivery of tax services including, corporate income tax and tax planning and consulting and coordination of 1099’s and RD Tax Credits.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
- Prepared and take ownership of all federal, foreign and state tax returns for clients in various industries including, life sciences, technology, service, and manufacturing. Ensure returns are accurate and timely, meeting client expectations
- Assist with recruiting and building out additional resources for the tax team
- Manage client relationships in a timely and responsive manner
- Supervise, motivate, and train tax team members
- Able and willing to work at New Economy location when needed
- Participate and actively contribute to new business development activities
- Create and find new opportunities with existing clients
- Coordinate and communicate with accounting team and operations manager as necessary
- Assist clients with audits and inquiries by governmental authorities.
- Proactive approach to assisting clients with developing and maintaining tax strategies including tax planning and RD tax benefits
- Drive continuous improvements to the process and methodologies used in the tax department.
- Assist with other projects as necessary
- Manage and coordinate with outside consultants as is it relates to special projects such as RD
- Ensure profitability of tax related functions
- Alignment with core values and mission
- Be responsive to client needs
- Manage team members and follow through on tasks assigned to team members
- Bachelor degree required
- Graduate or specialty degree preferred
- CPA required
- 8-10+ years’ experience in public accounting
- Technical knowledge of income tax accounting standards
- Familiarity with Intuit tax compliance software, One Source Tax Provision, or other comparable resources.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Positive attitude, good work ethic, and able to prioritize multiple task
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
- Fully Remote