Sr. Manager, Purchasing Planning, Administration, and Program (PAP) Job Opening
Sr. Manager, Purchasing Planning, Administration, and Program (PAP)
Mazda North American Operations• Huntsville, Alabama
The Sr. Manager of Purchasing Planning, Administration and Program is responsible for administrative and analytical support for purchasing operations and purchasing program activity lead. Develops and refines Purchasing Policies and Procedures based on the intent of Mazda Purchasing and provide supervisory functions to Department subordinates to accomplish departmental goals and company objectives. Leads the purchasing program activity to achieve successful new model launch and the program target of cost, quality, delivery and functions.
Supports, guides and develops group employees to reach their full potential and to accomplish their goals, as well as provides opportunities for growth, experience and leadership. The position reports to the Purchasing Director (as required) to achieve divisional target and company objectives.
Planning and Administration Area:
- Develops and refine Purchasing Policies, Strategies, Processes and Procedures in line with the company objectives and Mazda Purchasing global policies.
- Plans and manages Purchasing organization, personnel plan, budget and training plan
- Plans and maintains the Purchasing infrastructure (e.g. IT system), resolves problems in cooperation with related department.
- Tracks in-cycle cost improvement status of purchasing operations periodically and repot to management in a timely manner.
- Analyzes Purchasing related regulations and laws, and determines the best compliance strategies in cooperation with regal department and other related departments
- Promotes the supplier survey as needed (e.g. local content, import result and material data for environmental burden)
- Develops and maintains the purchasing contract forms and keep the agreed contracts with suppliers including other related documents
- Serves as a resource for Finance department, Production Control department and other related departments. (e.g. Payment, Account Payable, Account Receivable, Delivery Order Releasing/Receiving/Invoicing, purchasing BOM etc.)
- Continually improves and enhances the quality of PAP’s services to meet expectations of Purchasing operations and other related departments.
- Manages departmental supplier assessment process and procedures
- Manages Supply risk (capacity, economic, natural catastrophe etc.)
- Provides supervisory functions to Department subordinates as needed to achieve department objectives.
- Manages Public affairs in Purchasing Department
- Leads the purchasing program activity to achieve successful new model launch and the program target of cost, quality, delivery and functionality.
- Develops and promotes Purchasing program sourcing policy and strategy aligned with Mazda Purchasing to support competitive and efficient part/material sourcing activity of purchasing operations.
- Develops and promotes Purchasing program cost development strategy/activity to deliver program cost target in cooperation with Mazda Purchasing and another related department.
- Tracks program cost status of purchasing operations with the roadmap/action plan progress and report to management in a timely manner.
- Tracks the progress of supplier launch readiness (including TO/PO issuance and Tooling fabrication status) and promotes necessary problem-solving activities in cooperation with related departments and suppliers, and reports to management in a timely manner.
- 10 years’ experience working in purchasing, planning, and inventory control in the automotive industry or similar industry
- 5 years of supervisory experience with establishing goals and objectives for a purchasing department, coordinating purchasing activities, assigning/scheduling tasks, communicating expectations and deliverables
- Excellent Communication Skills (oral and written)
- Exemplary interpersonal skills (Exemplary teamwork)
- Ability to establish effective working relationship with all levels of business personnel
- Willingness to take initiative
- Ability to work independently
- Sound reasoning and decision-making capability
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong and effective negotiation skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of commodities in area of specialization
- Detail-oriented and multi-tasking
- Problem-Solving capability
- Results-driven and fully responsible
- Proven leadership capability
- Previous buying experience in automotive industry strongly preferred or ability to demonstrate comparable knowledge and skills