Senior Staff Accountant Job Opening
Senior Staff Accountant
Standard Furniture Manufacturing Company• Bay Minette, Alabama
Standard Furniture is a leading designer and supplier to the retail furniture industry, emerging in 2018 as one of the top 10 revenue producers in the North American market. Standard Furniture recently acquired Albany Industries based in New Albany, MS, and thus expanding into the stationary upholstery market. Standard Furniture also owns International Furniture Marketing (IFM), a design and sourcing unit of the business. Collectively, Standard Furniture employs over 1,600 people worldwide. Founded in 1946, Standard Furniture has a long rich heritage in the furniture industry, often referred to as one of the “legacy brands”. In 2015, Standard introduced Magnolia Home, a widely popular, licensed brand of home furnishings designed by Joanna Gaines.
Standard Furniture is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to join our team in Bay Minette, Alabama. The ideal candidate has experience in Accounting and is proficient in the use of MS Excel. This position reports to the Accounting Manager and is an important part of the accounting team.
The Senior Staff Accountant prepares journal entries, detailed reports and account reconciliations. This position assists in duties related to month-end close, year’s end close, and the annual audit process.
Duties and responsibilities
- Reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts
- Assist with month-end close
- Prepare journal entries and prepare/maintain schedules in support of general ledger activity
- Provide schedules, support and analytics for year-end financial audit
Core Competencies and Experience, and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3-5 years accounting experience
- Demonstrated GAAP and advanced accounting skills
- Experience with month end closing, year-end closing, and audit processes
- MS Excel expert- advanced functions and data manipulation
- Team oriented
- Deadline driven
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Self-directed- demonstrated ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work fast and efficiently and prioritize work accordingly
Experience with fixed assets, inventory and/or manufacturing experience.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts