RESEARCH & EXCEPTION PROCESSING ANALYST Job Opening
RESEARCH & EXCEPTION PROCESSING ANALYST
INTRUST Bank• Wichita, Kansas
At INTRUST Bank, relationships are at the core of all we do. Which is why we focus on fostering positive relationships not just with our customers, but also with each other. INTRUST Bank recognizes and celebrates employees for their individual character, value and potential, with a focus on developing the unique talents each team member brings to the table. It’s something we’ve learned firsthand over the decades; focus on people, and the rest will fall into place to create an environment built on respect, understanding and most of all – trust.
Job Summary: Performs routine varied departmental duties. Provide as backup coverage for multiple functions in the department. Tasks performed are more complex and involved with some latitude in decision making. Must be able to problem solve independently. Provide customer service to Consumer and Commercial Banking regarding customer research and exception transactions. Must be able to analyze transactions to determine out of balance dispositions and implement mitigating risk points to prevent future discrepancies. Promotes and fosters teamwork across all areas of INTRUST and is focused on delivering a high level of customer service to all. Must maintain strict standards of confidentiality, and perform duties in a manner supporting INTRUST’s Character Qualities.
- Responsible for reconciling general ledger accounts, researching and resolving internal and external cash letter adjustments. Responsible for risk management with reconciliations and resolutions.
- Responsible for check clearing settlements with clearing partners. Responsible for risk management with settlements.
- Responsible for analyzing and resolving exceptions and out of balance conditions with bank posting files and end of day balance controls.
- Reconcile teller transactions to branch captured work to account for all transactions.
- Process domestic collections, insufficient fund checks, account refunds, non-post items, unauthorized ACH disputes, stop payments, and incoming returns for all ACH and Check items.
- Support Treasury Services employees with the Positive Pay applications.
- Process customer garnishments, levies, and reclamations and/or make entries to customer’s accounts and work with the Legal department regarding these documents.
- Review and decision mobile check deposits according to bank guidelines.
- Research and process customer statement research requests as well as verification of deposit requests from social security and external companies.
- Assist branches with rescan items for internal and customer accounts.
- Assist co-workers with job assignments as needed.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent; preferred adjustment and/or research experience. 2+ years banking required. Check processing experience is helpful.
Required Skills and Knowledge: Skills required; typing 30-40 wpm, 10-key by touch; knowledge of Microsoft applications, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, etc. Must be detail oriented; ability to follow explicit instructions, requires good oral and written communications, and excellent customer service skills. Must be able to analyze transaction audit trails to resolve exceptions in processing inclusive of bank control balancing. Requires the ability to learn and retain guidelines for the following regulations ‘CC’, ‘DD’, ‘E’, ‘J’ and ‘O’.
Required Licenses and/or Certifications: AAP – Accredited ACH Professional and/or NCP – National Check Payments certification may be helpful.
Physical Demands: Must able to view personal computer for extended periods of time. Occasional lifting up to 15 lbs. Must be able to hear and speak clearly over the phone. Must be able to use hands to key information and handle objects.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment.
This job description summary is not intended to be an employment contract, nor is it intended to state or imply these are the only activities to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other duties as assigned or requested by their supervisor.
INTRUST Financial Corporation and its subsidiaries, including INTRUST Bank, are Equal Opportunity Employers whose policy is not to discriminate unlawfully against any qualified employee or applicant for employment on the basis of protected military or veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal law; except where an individual’s protected category constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.