AMPCO - Accounts Payable Specialist Job Opening
AMPCO - Accounts Payable Specialist
Ampco-Pittsburgh• Carnegie, Pennsylvania
Accounts Payable Specialist
Reporting To: Manager Accounting
Location: Carnegie, PA (Corporate Headquarters)
Processes accounts payable invoices, ensuring proper support and account distribution in accordance with company policies. Responsible for month-end sub-ledger close, accruals and bank account reconciliations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes invoices from receipt through payment in accordance with matching and authorization approval requirements.
- Ensures proper GL account coding.
- Interacts with vendors to resolve invoice discrepancies, reviews and reconciles vendor statements with internal records.
- Processes weekly accounts payable checks and organizes electronic transfers.
- Utilizes Docuware according to document retention guidelines
- Responsible for execution and reporting of sales and use tax and 1099 reporting.
- Monitors un-invoiced receipts report for accuracy.
- Processes month-end sub-ledger close, month end accruals and related GL and bank account reconciliations.
- Serves as back-up for Ampco Corporate payables and check processing.
- Assists with other accounting activities as needed and supports corporate routine audits.
Education/Experience (all education/experience bullets are required unless noted as “preferred”)
- AA Degree; preferably in Accounting or Bookkeeping
- 3-5 years accounting or bookkeeping experience
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (all knowledge, skills and abilities are required unless noted as “preferred”)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize projects
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Ability to maintain discretion, tact and poise to work with confidential company information
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Continual attention to detail
- Independent judgment and decision making abilities
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office products to organize and communicate
The above duties and responsibilities designated as essential job functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. The job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related functions that are not listed above.