Ecommerce Accountant Job Opening
Catching Clouds• Parker, Colorado
The Ecommerce Accountant is responsible for keeping our customers' financial records completely up to date on a daily basis. This role requires someone who is a natural with learning new technology and can efficiently and accurately manage a number of complex online business accounting. In return, you'll become an expert in ecommerce accounting, while having fun contributing to a dynamic team, and getting mentored by an experienced Ecommerce Controller. This is a great opportunity to grow in your career.
What does a Ecommerce Accountant do at Catching Clouds?
- Updates financial transactions daily – through auto bank feeds and/or by directly importing transactions
- Communicates regularly with clients to verify accuracy of data and to obtain supporting documentation
- Troubleshoots and fixes sync errors between general ledger (Xero) and add-on tools
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintains accuracy of subsidiary accounts by verifying and posting transactions and reconciling accounts regularly
- Updates fixed asset schedules monthly
- Facilitates preparation of sales tax returns on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Processes and posts payroll on a regular basis
- Manages sales tax on a monthly basis
- Maintains historical records by filing documents
Our Ecommerce Accountant Must Have These Skills:
- Intermediate understanding of accounting, including cash vs. accrual reporting
- Strong problem solving ability
- Ability to easily navigate and learn new technology; you must be a natural with using and learning new technology
- Strong interest in ecommerce businesses, how they work, and the technology and accounting to support them
- Ability to prioritize and self-direct activities; ability to set and meet deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication with co-workers and clients
- Confidential and professional
- Personable with a sense of humor
- Team player
- Ability to dive deep to solve problems but with the self awareness to come up for air, re-evaluate and ask for help if needed
If you're applying for this Ecommerce Accountant, having these skills is a real plus!:
- Certified Bookkeepers (AIPB)
- Experience with cloud accounting tools like Xero, Bill.com, Gusto, Hubdoc, TSheets
- Experience with ecommerce sites like Amazon, Shopify, eBay, BigCommerce, Magento, etc.
- Sales tax preparation experience
- Payroll experience
Although some experience is needed, we are mainly interested in finding a candidate with right mindset of a problem solver and hard worker, more so than years of experience.
Colorado applicants only, please. The job is virtual, so you will work where you are - but you must be available for regular team meetings and events in the Denver Metro area, as needed. Relocation services are not provided.
Catching Clouds is a great place to work (because you work when you are).
- Work from home or wherever you have internet access
- Results Only Work Environment - we are looking for results, not hours.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401(k) and/or Roth 401(k), including matching
- Company-supplied computer, second monitor, and internet allowance
- Great team environment!
To get a taste of who we are and our approach:
There is no better way to check us out than checking out our YouTube channel! (Please subscribe while you're in there.)