Financial Analyst (MDA FM) Job Opening
Financial Analyst (MDA FM)
Canvas Inc.• Huntsville, Alabama
The Financial Analyst will provide support to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) to define and integrate strategic capability-based budget planning approaches and processes. The Financial Analyst is Responsible for the program planning, budget and execution of funding associated with the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) program mission.
Other responsibilities include:
- Perform a wide range of administrative, technical, and analytical duties in the formulation, presentation, defense, and execution of the THAAD program budget.
- Conduct scheduled program execution review briefings with PM and Functional Leads.
- Ensure the alignment and traceability of program requirements, budget exhibits, and agency financial execution structure.
- Execute Program Change Request (PCR) through Program Resource Internet Database Environment (PRIDE) to transfer funds between programs for improved alignment of MDA resources with mission needs
- Maintain reliable audit trails and provide assistance with moving funding within the agency financial execution structure via agency processes.
- Prepare Spend Plans that support the funds requested by each component organization. Spend Plans are phased in accordance with program requirements and program schedules.
- Ensure agency databases are consistent with current program office staffing, and analyze civilian and support contractor burn rates to ensure there is adequate budget in manpower accounts
- Work with THAAD PRIME contractor to track obligations, expenditures, invoice transfers, monthly financial reporting and the coordination of the weekly finance tag up meetings between the BFM of the THAAD Program Office and the Lockheed Martin Program Office.
- Generate a variety of narrative and statistical financial spreadsheets, schedules and reports
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office - PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Access
- Experience developing spend plans with the support of technical leads who are the requirement owners
- Experience with analyzing financial data and making recommendations to upper management
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Must have active Secret clearance
- Experience managing a budget including reallocations to cover unfunded requirements (UFR)'s
- Experience with Purchase Request (PR) and Military Interdepartmental Purchase Request (MIPR)
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability