Senior Staff Accountant-Team Marketing Alliance Job Opening
Senior Staff Accountant-Team Marketing Alliance
Go McPherson• Moundridge, Kansas
JOB TITLE: Senior Staff Accountant REPORTS TO: TMA Controller
JOB SUMMARY: Primarily responsible for various grain accounting functions including, but not limited to AP/AR, producer programs, data entry and interpretation, monthly financial and operational reporting and analysis, and internal and external customer services.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentage, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively present information to customers or employees.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented.
- Extensive Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to deal with emotional customers and employees in person and by phone. Ability to resolve complaints.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, or kneel; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Eye protection is required in restricted areas.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
An associate’s degree or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school or one year of related experience and/or training in accounting, or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Responsible for balancing the daily grain position with detail and accuracy
- Responsible for various reporting, analytical, and reconciliation functions on a daily basis
- Support month end/year end close processes including but not limited to reconciliations, interpretations, verifications, and reporting for various grain functions
- Support accounting processes in rail division, working effectively with merchandising, operations and vendors
- Grain accounting functions including, but not limited to: payables, receivables, journal entries, data entry and interpretation
- Assist customers as needed, answering questions, interpreting information.
- Complete additional projects assigned by your manager
Job involves work inside a climate-controlled office atmosphere.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other instructions or duties.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.