Accounting Clerk I Job Opening
Accounting Clerk I
Mohawk Hudson Humane Society• Albany, New York
Duties would include some or all of the following:
- Reconcile, prepare and bring cash and check receipts to the bank or process through remote capture. Record bank deposits into the financial accounting system.
- Reconcile and record all credit card receipts/deposits into the financial accounting system and maintain a complete filing system for all deposits.
- Process vendor invoices, including obtaining appropriate approvals and general ledger codes and entering them into the accounting system. Mail vendor checks according to approved check run report. Make vendor phone calls and resolve invoice issues.
- Assist and prepare bank reconciliations.
- Prepare other month end journal entries such as credit card expenses, prepaids and fixed assets and assist with various account reconciliations to the ledger.
- Prepare customer invoices, including obtaining and interpreting supporting documentation and entering it into the accounting system. Mail out customer invoices, research and resolve customer issues, print out aging report and make periodic billing and collection calls.
- May perform other accounting duties as required by the VP of Finance or Business Manager.
The work requires long periods of sitting at a desk while using a computer, calculator and other office equipment. Being mobile is also necessary in order to collect supporting documentation and visit staff who can explain anomalies.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent and have at least two years of experience in accounting and have experience using an accounting system.
- Must be very detail oriented, accurate and dependable.
- Have the ability to juggle demands, prioritize, and follow through to timely completion.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal), a basic understanding of accounting, and speed and accuracy with a 10 key calculator.
- Must have computer skills including intermediate experience with word processing and excel.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and have a tactful, mature and sincere attitude.
- Must pass a background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour